Which Coffee Table is Suitable For You – Round or Rectangle?
Coffee tables are an integral part of any decor. Not only do they provide a good place to store and to serve refreshments, they also play a major role in creating the overall look of your space.
When it comes to selecting the perfect coffee table, some of the most common questions people have are: “Should I get a round or rectangle coffee table?” Looking at these two options, it’s easy to see why it’s one of the key questions when selecting furniture.
Pros and Cons of a Round Table
A round coffee table can add a softness to your space that a rectangular coffee table may not. It is also great if you want to make a statement without making the room feel too rigid or structured.
- Adds a softer look to the room
- Avoids the over structured look resulting from using straight lines
- Makes it easier to talk with people sitting on each side of the table as everyone can face each other.
- Not much space to put things on
- Cannot be used in a small room
- May be difficult to place next to other furniture or walls
Pros and Cons of a Rectangular Table
In comparison to a round table, a rectangle coffee table is ideal for a space that needs more structure or a visual presence. This type of coffee table is great for larger homes because it can provide extra surface area for decorations or multiple seating arrangements.
- More surface area to show off decorations
- Can accommodate plenty of people around the table
- Easy to match with the style of other furniture
- Not ideal for small rooms
- Can create an overcrowded look to the room
- May make conversations more difficult as it’s hard to talk to someone directly across the table
The final decision will depend on the size of the room and the look that you want to achieve. Ask yourself questions like “What kind of atmosphere or vibe do I want to create?” and “What kind of furniture fits in that environment?”
Your answers will help guide you towards the right type of coffee table. Both round and rectangular tables have their own unique benefits, so take the time to consider which one you prefer.