How big should a rug be under a coffee table?
Rugs can be a great way to add warmth and style to your living space and can be a great way to define the seating area in a room by putting it under a coffee table. But how big should a rug be?
Factors To Consider
Before making a decision, there are five important factors to consider:
- Size of the Living Room: The first factor to consider is obviously the size of the room or area where the coffee table and rug will go. You don’t want the rug to be too small or too big for the space, so you should measure the length and width of the room and find a size that fits.
- Seating: If this rug and coffee table setup is under a seating area, then it’s important to make sure there is enough room for people to sit comfortably on the rug. For this, you’ll want to choose a rug size that allows enough space for all the chairs plus an extra two feet or so to row them out, depending on the size of the chairs.
- Style: Keep in mind the overall style of the living room and how the rug will fit in that style. Does the rug need to be small enough so that it complements the furniture? Or does it need to be large enough to make a statement? Make sure to pay attention to color and texture when deciding the size of your rug.
- Budget: Rugs come in all kinds of sizes and materials, from small rugs to large oriental rugs and everything in between. Choose a rug size that fits your budget while also making sure it meets your style and size requirements.
- Coffee table: Lastly, don’t forget to think about the size of the coffee table that’s going on top of the rug. Depending on the size of the table, you may need a bigger or smaller rug. For instance, if you have a large coffee table, then you’ll want to get a rug that is slightly larger than the table to ensure it still has a unified look.
Taking all these factors into consideration, you can make the best decision about what size your rug should be under your coffee table. The size of the room, where the seating will be, your overall style preferences and budget, and the size of your coffee table can all play a part in helping you pick the perfect rug.