Creating an Effective Shipping Strategy for Shipping Coffee Tables
Having coffee tables shipped to customers can be both expensive, yet cost effective. Here is some information to consider when planning for coffee table shipping costs:
Shipping Cost Factors
- Size of The Coffee Table – The size of the coffee table (length, width, height and weight) is the primary factor when determining shipping costs.
- Shipping Carrier – Shipping carriers have differing rates and can usually offer discounted wholesale rates when larger shipments are purchased.
- Packaging – Ensuring the coffee tables are packaged correctly can prevent higher costs related to lost or damaged items on delivery.
Estimating Shipping Costs
Also, it is important to factor in the cost or shipping supplies such as boxes, wrapping, bubble wrap, and tape. The best way to estimate shipping costs is to use a service such as USPS Postage Calculator to determine the cost. To estimate the cost, simply enter the country, city, postal code and the size and weight of the package. The website will then generate a list of shipping options and associated costs.
Cost Saving Tips
For small businesses, it is important to identify any cost-saving strategies that can be employed to reduce the overall shipping costs. Some cost-saving tips for shipping coffee tables include:
- Using a fulfilment provider – These companies usually have discounted rates and can provide services such as packaging and handling.
- Negotiate shipping rates – There are often discounts or promotional codes that can be negotiated with shipping carriers such as USPS, FedEx, or UPS.
- Bulk shipping – When possible, combine individual shipping orders into bulk shipping orders. Many times, you can get significantly lower price with bulk orders.
Shipping coffee tables can be expensive, but with careful planning and utilizing certain cost-savings tips, businesses can reduce the overall cost. Using an appropriate shipping cost strategy can be beneficial for any business.