Healthy Substitutes For Coffee Creamer
Do you enjoy the creamy, rich quality of a good coffee creamer, but not the high artificial sugar content? If so, there are some healthier alternatives that you can use to enhance your coffee without negatively affecting your health.
Using dairy-free nut milks such as almond, cashew or coconut milk can create a creamy texture for your coffee without the addition of artificial sugar.
- These nut milks can be bought from a health food store, or you can make your own at home.
- If preferred, you can add a few drops of stevia or a teaspoon of honey for a touch of sweetness.
- If you’re looking for a thicker consistency, try combining one part nut milk with one part coconut cream.
Adding a tablespoon of plain yogurt to your coffee is a great way to thicken up the consistency and infuse your cup with a hint of natural sweetness.
- For the healthiest benefits, choose yogurts that are high in probiotics, with no added sugar.
- You can also choose yogurt-based non-dairy alternatives such as almond or soy yogurt.
Adding a few drops of vanilla extract to your coffee may provide the same natural sweetness as coffee creamer, without the need for added sugar.
- You can buy high-quality natural vanilla extract from most health food stores.
- If you don’t want to use extract, you can also use natural vanilla powder.
Using the right substitutes for coffee creamer can add a delicious, creamy texture to your coffee without needing to worry about artificial sugar or unhealthy ingredients. These healthy substitutes will provide you with all the sweetness you need in a much more nutritious form. Give them a try and make your coffee routine healthier this year!