How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam for Coffee
Cold foam has become an increasingly popular topping for coffee beverages, providing a light and airy foam texture. Sweet cream cold foam adds an extra layer of sweetness to your coffee. Follow this guide to learn how to make sweet cream cold foam for your coffee.
Ingredients and Equipment
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon classic natural vanilla extract
- Electric mixer or immersion blender
- Coffee cup
- Espresso machine or filter coffee maker (optional)
- Combine 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of classic natural vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Mix: Using an electric mixer or immersion blender, whip the ingredients until stiff peaks form (3-5 minutes).
- If using an espresso machine, brew a shot of espresso. Alternately, if using a filter coffee maker, brew a cup of strong filter coffee.
- Pour the prepared cold foam into the cup.
- Pour the brewed espresso or filter coffee over the top of the cold foam.
- Stir, if desired, and enjoy.
- For a more intense vanilla flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- For a sweeter foam, feel free to add additional sugar.
- If you’re using a french press, be careful not to froth the foam too much.
- To get a super smooth foam, use an immersion blender.
Making sweet cream cold foam for coffee is quick and easy. Simply combine heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract, whip with an electric mixer or immersion blender, and pour into your cup of espresso or filter coffee. You’ll be enjoying a rich and creamy cup of coffee in minutes.