How to Clean Franke Coffee Machine
Making a delicious cup of coffee requires a lot more than just grinding the beans and boiling water. To keep your coffee machine running in optimal conditions, it’s essential to regularly perform maintenance and cleaning.
In this article, we’ll explain the best techniques for cleaning your Franke coffee machine so you can keep enjoying all your favorite hot drinks for the long haul.
What You’ll need:
- Cloths and sponges
- White vinegar
- Coffee machine cleaner
- Rinse – To start, you’ll need to rinse out the inside of your machine with soap and water. Make sure to remove any coffee grounds or deposits that have built up.
- Wash the Brew Group – The Brew Group of your coffee machine contains vital components like the coffee extractor and the brew chamber, so it’s important to keep it clean. Remove it from the machine and use a washcloth soaked in warm water to gently scrub away any dirt or residue.
- Descale – Descaling your machine prevents limescale from building up and damaging the internal components. Create a mixture of descaler and warm water, then run it through the machine according to the directions.
- Rinse Again – After the descaling process is finished, you’ll need to give the machine a good rinse with clean water. This will ensure there’s no descaler residue left lurking in your coffee.
- Clean the Milk Nozzle – This is an important step if you frequently make drinks like cappuccinos and lattes. Remove the nozzle and use a cloth soaked in white vinegar to scrub away any residue.
- Reattach Milk Nozzle – Once the milk nozzle is clean and dry, you can reattach it to the machine.
- Clean the Outside – Make sure to wipe down the exterior of your machine with a damp cloth and use a coffee machine cleaner to make it really sparkle. Don’t forget to clean out the drip tray and carafe as well.
Cleaning your Franke coffee machine on a regular basis is essential for ensuring it continues to make delicious drinks. To keep your machine running smoothly, make sure to follow all the steps outlined in this article. Good luck!