How to Drink Coffee with Invisalign
Having Invisalign is a great way to keep your teeth straight and healthy, but it can leave you wondering how to go about drinking coffee. Coffee does stain the aligners, which is why some people are extra careful when choosing what to drink. However, with proper care and the following tips, you can enjoy your coffee and protect your Invisalign!
Here are the steps you should take:
- Use a straw. Using a straw is a great and simple way to reduce staining. The liquid will bypass the Invisalign, so you can enjoy your coffee without worrying about staining the aligners.
- Rinse between sips. You should also rinse your Invisalign and your mouth with water in between sips. This will help to reduce staining and keep your mouth clean.
- Brush and Floss. After you finish drinking, you should brush your teeth, aligners and floss. This will help to remove any additional staining and keep your mouth clean.
- Drink cold coffee. Hot coffee can cause discoloration on Invisalign, so it is better to opt for cold coffee.
- Avoid adding sugar or creamer. These can increase staining and it’s best to drink your coffee black.
- Choose a lighter roast. Lighter roasts generally produce less staining than darker ones.
Drinking coffee with Invisalign doesn’t have to be difficult. By following these steps and exercising proper care, you can successfully enjoy your coffee without worrying about staining your aligners.