Healthy Alternatives to Coffee Creamer
Creamers are popular additions to coffee, but they often contain refined sugars and unnatural ingredients. If you’re looking for healthier options for your cup of joe, no need to look further. Here are some options for healthy alternatives to coffee creamer.
Homemade Non-Dairy Alternatives
- Coconut milk: Blend 1/4 of a cup of coconut milk and 1/4 of a cup of warm water. For added sweetness, add a teaspoon of honey.
- Almond milk: Blend 1/4 of a cup of almond milk and 1/4 of a cup of warm water. Add honey, agave, or sugar for extra sweetness, if desired.
- Oat milk: Blend 1/4 of a cup of oat milk, 1/4 of a cup of warm water, and any additional sweetener of your choice.
Healthy Dairy Alternatives
You can use dairy as a healthier alternative to coffee creamer as well.
- Half-and-half: Half-and-half is made by combining equal parts of whole milk and light cream. It’s not as creamy as heavy cream, but it’s lower in fat and calories.
- Whole milk: Whole milk is slightly creamier than half-and-half, with more fat and calories.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is a rich source of protein and calcium, and it adds a creamy, rich flavor to coffee. Use plain, unsweetened varieties for the healthiest option.
- Skim milk: Skim milk is the lightest option for dairy creamers, with the fewest calories and fat.
With all these delicious, healthy options for coffee creamer, you can’t go wrong. With a little experimentation, you can find the perfect addition to your morning cup of joe.