Is Cacao Better Than Coffee?
Cacao and coffee have both become popular ingredients in drinks worldwide, but which one is better for our bodies? After comparing cacao and coffee, there are some major differences that makes one stand out more than the other.
Cacao is the paste made from finely ground cocoa beans, and it is the main ingredient in chocolate. It contains many antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and essential fatty acids that are beneficial for our health. Here are some of the benefits of consuming cacao:
- High in fiber to help keep one fuller for longer
- Good source of magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper
- Rich in flavanols which can help reduce inflammation
- Theobromine, a compound found in cacao, can help reduce blood pressure
- Improves cognitive function
Coffee is made by roasting and grinding coffee beans, and is enjoyed all over the world by people of all ages. Here are the main benefits associated with drinking coffee:
- Contains caffeine, which is known to help improve mood and alertness
- High in antioxidants which can reduce inflammation
- Can help improve physical performance
- May help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Can improve liver health
Overall, there are numerous benefits of both cacao and coffee. While coffee does have its own advantages, cacao contains more essential vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids that are beneficial for our health. Since cacao has more health benefits, it is considered to be the healthier option over coffee.