How to Sublimate Coffee Mugs Using Heat Transfer
Sublimation printing is a great way to add custom designs and photos to coffee mugs. Using high-temperature heat transfer printing, you can transfer images onto mugs and create unique and personal gifts. Here’s how to get started:
Gather Your Supplies
- Coffee mug or ceramic mug
- Sublimation ink and paper
- Heat transfer machine
- Clean prints
- Photo transfer paper (optional)
Prepare the Mug
- Clean your mugs with warm soapy water and let them dry.
- Apply Aluminum tape to the mugs. This will protect the area surrounding the artwork from the heat of the press.
Create Your Design
- Create your image or design in your design software of choice.
- Print it out on the sublimation ink and paper. Make sure the design lines up properly with the mug.
- If you want to transfer pictures, you can use photo transfer paper.
Sublimate the Design
- Place the design on the mug and tape the edges to secure it in place.
- Place the mug in the heat transfer machine and turn it on.
- Let the mug press for the allotted amount of time as determined by your heat transfer machine’s user guide.
Remove the Design
- Once the time is up, carefully remove the mug from the press and take off the transfer paper.
- Remove the aluminum tape and clean up any residue.
- Your design should now be sublimated onto the mug!
Now you can enjoy a cup of coffee with your custom design! Sublimation printing is a great way to personalize coffee mugs and create unique gifts. Try it out and see what great designs you can come up with!