Storing Coffee Cake
General Tips for storage
- Keep the cake in an airtight container. This will help to keep it moist for several days. Be sure to close the container as soon as the cake has been cut.
- Refrigerate the cake. This will help to extend the shelf-life of the cake. If possible, store the whole cake in the refrigerator.
- Let the cake cool completely. This will help to prevent condensation on the cake.
- Wrap the cake in plastic wrap (or a zip-top bag). This will also help to keep the cake fresh.
Freezing Coffee Cake
- Slice the cake. This will make it easier to store, as well as make it easier to defrost.
- Wrap the slices in plastic wrap. This will help to keep the cake moist.
- Place the slices in a zip-top bag. This will help to seal out air, as well as keep out any moisture.
- Label the bag with the date and type of cake. This will help you identify the cake and know how long you have had it stored.
- Put the bag in the freezer. This will help to keep the cake fresh for up to 6 months.
Defrosting Coffee Cake
- Take the cake out of the freezer. This will help to start the defrosting process.
- Put the cake slices on a plate. This will help to keep the cake from sticking to the plate.
- Cover the plate with a damp cloth. This will help to keep the cake moist as it thaws.
- Place the plate in the refrigerator. This will help to speed the defrosting process, as well as keep the cake from drying out.
- Let the cake thaw for several hours. This will ensure that the cake is thawed completely before eating.
Now you know how to store coffee cake, so you can enjoy it for days to come!