Staining Wood With Tea or Coffee
If you’re looking for an easy and economical way to stain wood, look no further than using a beverage. Tea and coffee can be used to stain wood to give it a unique look, and it’s actually quite simple to do.
Things You Will Need
- Strong tea or strong coffee
- Clean cloths
- Wood to be stained
- Brew the tea or coffee. Make the tea or coffee stronger than what you would normally make for drinking.
- Brush the tea or coffee onto the wood with a brush.
- Allow the tea or coffee to sit on the wood for up to 15 minutes. Here you will be able to decide if the color of the wood is as you desire.
- Take a clean cloth and gently remove any excess tea or coffee.
- Apply several coats of a wad-based sealant to the wood to seal it.
These are the steps to help you successfully stain wood with tea or coffee. Experiment by using different types of tea and coffee and different amounts of time to let the tea or coffee remain on the wood and develop a unique look.