How to Order Iced Coffee in Italy
If you love coffee and you’re visiting Italy, there’s no reason to miss out on all the deliciousness that this country has to offer. Iced coffees are a great way to enjoy the flavours of the land without struggling with milk foam and art. Here’s the lowdown on how to order iced coffee in Italy.
Step 1: Define the Size and Sweetness of your Coffee
- Latte Freddo: A large iced coffee made with milk and icy cold. It is usually sweetened with sugar.
- Shakerato: An iced coffee served in a tall glass, sometimes with a scoop of ice cream on top. It is usually sweetened with sugar but can be made with honey or agave nectar.
- Granita di Caffe: A frozen coffee treat, served in a large cup. It is usually made with espresso, sugar and cream.
Step 2: Choose Your Flavorings
- Solo: plain coffee.
- Mocha: coffee with chocolate.
- Caramellato: coffee with caramel.
- Amaro: coffee with bitters.
- Affogato: coffee with ice cream.
Step 3: Order Your Iced Coffee!
Once you know what size and flavorings you want, go ahead and order your iced coffee! When in Italy, you can order your iced coffee in Italian, but it’s also quite common to say iced coffee in English.
Enjoying a delicious cup of iced coffee in Italy is a great way to take a break from sightseeing. It may take a few attempts before you get the perfect one, but don’t worry – the process is half the fun!