How to Make Espresso with Instant Coffee
There are many different kinds of espresso drinks available in coffee houses, but it may be difficult to replicate these drinks in the home without an espresso machine. However, with some creativity, it is possible to make delicious espresso drinks using in instant coffee. Here’s how:
- 4 tablespoons of instant coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- 2 cups of cold water
- To begin, place the instant coffee grounds and sugar (if using) in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add two cups of cold water and using a whisk or spoon, mix until the coffee and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Heat the mixture in a small saucepan over low-medium heat while stirring continuously.
- Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat and let it bubble gently for 6 to 8 minutes.
- DO NOT BOIL THE MIXTURE FOR MORE THAN 8 MINUTES.
- Once the mixture has reduced to about a cup, remove it from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Once it has cooled, pour the espresso into a cup through a mesh strainer to remove any undissolved ground coffee.
- Enjoy your homemade espresso!
Making espresso drinks with instant coffee is a great way to enjoy your favorite espresso drinks without the need for an espresso machine. With some simple ingredients and some patience, you’ll have a great cup of espresso in no time.