How to Make Coffee Over a Campfire
Making coffee over an open campfire can be a great way to start your morning in the great outdoors. While some campers prefer their drip makers and French presses, the traditional method of making campfire coffee can give your experience a sense of nostalgia.
What You’ll Need
- Burning campfire – you will need a hot and robust campfire to get the best results
- Pot and lid – you’ll need a heavy duty pot and lid to heat your water and coffee
- Coffee – grind your own or pick up pre-ground beans for easy use
- Water – use clean and clear water for the best results
- Stirring tool – a spoon or something similar
- Place your pot over your campfire
- Pour in your desired amount of water (adjust if needed)
- Add 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds per every 8 ounces of water
- Mix with stirring tool
- Place lid on the pot and allow water to boil
- Remove pot when the water starts to boil
- Let coffee steep for 4-5 minutes
- Pour coffee into mugs and enjoy!
Making coffee over a campfire is an easy and enjoyable task. With the right supplies and a good grip, you can make delicious and flavorful cup of coffee to warm your morning. So, next time you’re out camping, don’t forget to give traditional campfire coffee a try!