Coffee Cake Muffins – the Sweet Breakfast Treat
Coffee cake muffins are a delicious and simple breakfast recipe that everyone will love! These sweet muffins are sure to become a family favorite. Here’s what you need to do to make the perfect morning treat.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin.
- Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Step 3: Add eggs one at a time, beating until just combined. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Step 4: Divide batter evenly into greased muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You can top these delicious muffins with an easy-to-make crumb topping. All you need is ½ cup light brown sugar, ½ cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup butter, melted and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix until combined, sprinkle over unbaked muffins and bake as outlined above.
These coffee cake muffins are sure to become a favorite. Serve for breakfast or snack time. Enjoy!