Grinding Coffee Beans without a Grinder
Have you ever been in a situation where you’ve wanted to make a cup of freshly brewed coffee, but your grinder is nowhere to be found? Don’t worry! You can still get your caffeine fix, here’s how to grind coffee beans without a grinder:
What You Will Need
- Coffee beans
- Mortar and pestle
- Rolling pin
- Knife or food processor
Step by Step Guide
- Using a Mortar and Pestle
- Put the beans in the mortar and use your pestle to grind.
- Keep on grinding until you reach your desired grounds size.
- Using a Rolling Pin
- Put the coffee beans on a flat surface and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Make sure you apply enough pressure to get a consistent grind.
- Using a Bowl and Spoon
- Put the beans in a bowl and use the back of a spoon to grind.
- Make circular motions with the spoon and apply enough pressure to get a good grind.
- Using a Knife or Food Processor
- Put the beans in a cutting board and use a knife to chop them.
- Alternatively, you can also grind them in a food processor.
- Make sure to grind in small batches. This will ensure that the beans are more evenly ground.
- If you are using a knife or food processor, be careful not to grind the beans too finely. This can result in an unpleasant bitter taste.
There you have it, four different ways of grinding coffee beans without a grinder. You never have to settle for pre-ground coffee again!