Cleaning your Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker
Maintaining and cleaning your Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker regularly is an important part of ensuring maximum performance and great tasting coffee. Here’s how to keep it clean and in great shape.
Step 1: Empty the Coffee Maker
Be sure to empty the water and the grounds in the Mr. Coffee coffee maker before you start cleaning.
Step 2: Clean the Carafe and Metal Parts
- Remove the carafe and filter basket from the Mr. Coffee coffee maker. Fill the carafe up to its max line with warm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Replace the filter basket with a clean one.
- Place the carafe back into the machine and switch it on for 30 seconds to mix the soapy water. Be sure to use caution and keep your hands clear from the spinning parts.
- Turn the machine off and remove the carafe. Rinse it with hot water. Follow the same instructions for any metal parts that may need cleaning.
Step 3: Clean the Inside
- Mix a solution of 1-part vinegar and 1-part water. Pour the solution into the water reservoir, fill it up to the max line and turn on the coffee maker as you would normally. Stop after it has been on for 30 seconds.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes has passed, turn the coffee maker on once more to finish the cleaning process. Again, wait 30 seconds and turn it off.
Step 4: Rinse
- Once the Mr. Coffee coffee maker has been cleaned, remove the carafe and filter basket. Rinse the components with hot water to get rid of any residual vinegar.
- Fill the reservoir with cold water and turn the machine on once more, to rinse it out. Once it has been on for a few seconds, turn it off and empty the reservoir.
Step 5: Final Cleaning
- Use a damp cloth with a mild detergent and a drop of white vinegar to clean the outside of the Mr. Coffee coffee maker. Be sure not to get any liquid into the openings.
- Once you have cleaned the exterior of the machine, replace the clean components and you’re done!