How to Clean a Franke Coffee Machine
Keeping your Franke coffee machine clean is critical for making great coffee. Follow these simple steps for cleaning your coffee machine regularly:
1. Wipe Down Machine Exterior
Start by wiping down the exterior of the coffee machine with a damp cloth. Make sure to clean the top, sides, and bottom of the machine.
2. Clean the Drip Tray and Drip Basin
Empty the drip tray or basin, and rinse with soap and water.
3. Descaling Cycle
Descale the coffee machine using a descaling agent. These can be found in stores, but white vinegar will also do in a pinch.
- Pour a mixture of descaling agent/vinegar and water inside the water tank.
- Follow the instructions of the descaling agent.
- Run the descaling cycle.
- Make sure to run a few cycles of fresh water to completely clean the machine of descaling agent/vinegar.
4. Clean Inside the Machine
Use a damp cloth to clean the interior of the machine. Be sure to check for calcification deposits on the pipes, valves, and other components.
5. Replace and Clean Filter
Replace and clean the filters of the coffee machine. Make sure the parts are properly cleaned and sanitized to avoid mold growth.
6. Clean and Check the Metal Parts
Make sure all the metal parts of the machine are clean and free of deposits.
Cleaning your Franke coffee machine regularly is important if you want it to last and make a delicious cup of coffee. Follow these simple steps to keep your coffee machine in perfect condition.