How to Apply Coffee Under Eyes
If you’re looking for an all-natural way to reduce under eye puffiness, dark circles, and wrinkles, coffee is your answer. Here are some tips for using coffee to effectively reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles under your eyes.
Ingredients and Preparation
You’ll need good quality Arabica espresso roast ground beans. An espresso maker is helpful but not necessary. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons ground espresso beans.
- 5 tablespoons of warm, filtered water.
- A damp washcloth or paper towel.
To prepare, simply add the ground espresso beans and warm, filtered water to the espresso maker and brew. Once the espresso has steeped, allow it to cool slightly.
- Apply the espresso to your damp washcloth or paper towel.
- Fold the cloth, so the highly concentrated espresso is held securely.
- Carefully apply the espresso [[pleat]]-side up onto your under eye area.
- Leave the cloth on for five to 10 minutes. Don’t let the espresso to dry completely, because that can cause skin irritation.
- Wash off the espresso with a clean damp facecloth or paper towel.
- Repeat up to three times a week.
Studies have found that caffeine is absorbed through the skin and can reduce puffiness, redness, and wrinkles under the eyes. Other benefits include:
- Caffeine can help reduce the appearance of blood vessels under the skin, which can cause dark circles.
- Caffeine can also help to tighten and firm the skin.
- You’ll get more mileage for the same buck – latte for your morning coffee and eye serum for later.
Applying espresso around your eyes is an effective way to reduce puffiness, wrinkles, and dark circles. Give it a try and you might find you’ll soon be reaching for that espresso maker whenever your peepers need a pick me up!