How to Clean a Coffee Carafe Properly
Good coffee starts with the right equipment. Keeping your coffee carafe in good working condition is essential to ensuring you enjoy great-tasting coffee every day. Here we take a look at the steps necessary to keep your coffee carafe clean and free of germs.
What You Will Need
- Hot water
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Clean cloths and/or sponges
- A tiny scrubbing brush (optional)
Steps to Cleaning a Coffee Carafe
- Start by filling the coffee carafe with hot water and add a good amount of white vinegar. This will help cut through any coffee oils, grease, or residue in the carafe.
- Place the carafe back into the coffee machine and activate the cleaning cycle. The machine will agitate the cleaning solution and help break down any residue that may have accumulated in the carafe.
- Once the cleaning cycle is complete, remove the carafe from the machine and empty it completely.
- Wash the carafe with hot water and a little baking soda using a cloth or sponge. Use the scrub brush to get into tight spaces or to remove stubborn stains.
- Rinse the carafe several times to ensure all the baking soda is removed.
- If desired, wash the carafe with a small amount of detergent and rinse thoroughly.
- Dry the carafe with a clean cloth and put it back into the machine.
Coffee carafes should be cleaned regularly to ensure great-tasting coffee every time. Following these steps will help you keep your carafe in excellent condition and increase the longevity of your coffee machine.