Don’t Talk to Me Before Coffee
There is nothing worse than being woken up first thing in the morning only to be bombarded with questions by your significant other before you’ve even had the chance to enjoy your first sip of coffee.
We all experience the same morning routine and it may seem innocent enough but some mornings we just don’t have it in us to be responsive and attentive before we can get that cup of joe. It’s at these moments where we just want to shout out “Don’t talk to me before coffee!”
Reasons to Avoid Talking Before Coffee:
- You’re Already Exhausted – You haven’t even had a proper night’s sleep yet and now you’re expected to have a conversation? Some of us just aren’t able to engage coherently when still tired.
- You’re Not Fully Awake – You’re not in your full capacity until after you’ve woken up and drank your coffee. That’s why it’s important to take some time to enjoy it before you get taken away by the daily rush.
- You Haven’t Had Time to Think – We all need that moment of stillness after we wake up to organize our thoughts and recharge our mental batteries. Without it, we’ll be tongue-tied and flustered.
Tips for Better Morning Conversations:
- Give each other a chance to wake up before engaging in conversation.
- Have a coffee or tea together.
- Don’t start off with difficult topics.
- Take your time and enjoy the morning routines.
At the end of the day, it’s important to remember that everyone needs their time to wake up and as a result, conversations should not take place immediately after you open your eyes. Enjoy the morning stillness, have your cup of coffee, and then start up a conversation.