Can You Heat Up Iced Coffee?
When it’s hot outside, nothing can refresh you quite like a cup of iced coffee. But what happens when you don’t finish your cup, leaving it to get cold? Can you heat up iced coffee? The short answer is yes, there are some simple ways to make iced coffee drinkable again.
How to Re-heat Iced Coffee
Re-heating iced coffee is easy and doesn’t require additional equipment, just a few minutes of your time. Here are some of the most popular methods:
- In the Microwave: Place the iced coffee in a microwave-safe container, heat on high for 30 seconds and stir. If it’s still cold, continue heating at 10-second intervals until the desired temperature is reached.
- On the Stove: Put the iced coffee in a pot and set it over low heat. Keep stirring to ensure the temperature rises evenly throughout. Once it’s hot, move it to a different burner and let it simmer for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Using Hot Water: Pour a cup of boiling water over the iced coffee and let it sit for a few minutes. Stir it to ensure it heats up evenly and then enjoy.
Tips for Re-heating Iced Coffee
Re-heating iced coffee can help you rejuvenate an ‘oops’ moment, but it’s not the same as freshly-brewed coffee. Here are some tips to make re-heating easier and help preserve its flavor:
- Don’t reheat too many times as this can give the beverage a bitter taste.
- Try adding in additional flavorings such as sugar, cream, or flavored syrups to give the iced coffee an extra punch.
- If you are going to add anything to the iced coffee, do it while re-heating, as this will help preserve its flavor.
Re-heating iced coffee is an easy way to make an old cup of joe drinkable again. Just use one of the methods outlined above and with a few extra flavorings, you’ll be able to enjoy a freshly brewed cup every time.