The Benefits of Adding Butter to Your Coffee
Do you like the idea of combining coffee with butter? Don’t knock it until you try it. This odd combination is growing in popularity for a reason. Recent research has discovered that adding butter to your coffee offers a variety of benefits that you won’t get with regular coffee.
There have been some incredible discoveries as to why butter in coffee can be so helpful when it comes to improving health:
- Weight Loss – Studies have found that adding butter to coffee increases your body’s endogenous fat oxidation, which encourages weight loss and helps burn fat more quickly.
- Higher Energy – Adding butter to your coffee can provide a longer-lasting energy boost than coffee alone.
- Better Brain Function – Butter in coffee contains Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which provide you with an energy boost without the crash that can come from stimulants or sugary coffee drinks. MCTs help improve cognitive function and alertness, and may even reduce symptoms of depression.
In addition to health benefits, adding butter to coffee can be very practical in day-to-day life:
- Cheaper – A cup of coffee with added butter won’t cost as much as specialty drinks from coffee shops. Plus, you’ll get a boost to your health without the added sugar and other unhealthy ingredients that are often found in store-bought coffee drinks.
- More Sustainable – Coffee with butter is a more sustainable option than store-bought coffee drinks. It’s derived from simple, natural ingredients that don’t require a long list of energy-intensive production processes.
- Tastes Good – For those who are worried about the taste of adding butter to coffee, don’t be! Adding butter to coffee actually creates a creamy and delicious flavor.
Adding butter to coffee is an unexpected but surprisingly beneficial combination. Not only can it provide a variety of health benefits, but it is also more affordable, sustainable, and delicious. So if you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your coffee, butter may be the answer.