How to Say Coffee in Spanish
Spanish is a language spoken by more than 500 million people around the world. If you are looking to expand your Spanish vocabulary, learning how to say coffee in Spanish is a good place to start!
Learning the Basics
In Spanish, the translations of the word “coffee” are:
- Café – This is the most common way to say coffee in Spanish.
- Café con leche – This phrase translates to “coffee with milk” and generally refers to a cafe latte.
- Cortado – This translates to “cut” and usually describes a small cup of espresso with a bit of milk.
Expressing Your Preferences
Once you know the basics, you can begin to express preferences for different coffee drinks. For instance:
- Quiero un/un café con leche – I want a coffee with milk.
- Un cortado, por favor – A cortado, please.
- Voy a tomar un café solo – I’m going to have a black coffee.
Learning how to say coffee in Spanish is a great way to begin your journey in speaking this beautiful language! In no time you can be ordering coffee like a native.