How To Make a Concrete Coffee Table
Making the Preparations
- Gather the supplies.
- 1-part concrete mix
- Wooden board of your desired size for the base
- A frame for the mold
- Wooden boards for the sides of the frame
- Build the frame.
- Attach the wooden boards to the four sides of the mold.
- Perform some calculations to build the top properly.
- Divide the concrete mix.
- Fill up two thirds of the frame with concrete mix.
- Smooth the mix over with a trowel.
Making the Tables
- Create the top.
- Attach the wooden board to the frame using screws.
- Pour the remaining third of the concrete mix onto the wooden board.
- Smooth out the top.
- Wait for it to dry.
- Allow your project to sit and dry for 48 hours.
- It should have hardened to a solid state.
- Remove your table from the mold.
- Carefully remove the frame from the table.
- You may need to use a spatula if the frame has adhered to the concrete.
- Finish your table.
- Sand down the edges with medium-grade sandpaper.
- Apply your favourite finish, such as clear sealant, wax or stain.
Enjoy your new concrete coffee table! It is sure to make an interesting conversation piece for your guests.