Can I Put Coffee In My Hydro Flask?
Hydro Flasks, one of the most popular ‘cool’ flasks out there, are becoming a popular choice for beverage containers for an active lifestyle. But can you put coffee in your Hydro Flask? Although it might not be the recommended method, it is possible to put coffee in your Hydro Flask. Here are the pros and cons of doing so.
- Your coffee will keep it’s heat for much longer.
- The taste won’t be influenced by the aluminium or plastic liner.
- You can store your coffee for a much longer period of time.
- It is not recommended to use a Hydro Flask to make coffee. This can add extra chemicals to the beverage.
- Using a Hydro Flask to store coffee could lead to the growth of bacteria and other contaminants. This is because coffee is acidic and can cause unwanted corrosion in your flask.
- If heated in the flask, coffee may form a scum or film on the inside of the flask.
When it comes down to it, you can put coffee in your Hydro Flask, but it is not the recommended way to keep your beverage hot. Your best option is to use a vacuum-insulated container like a Thermos for your coffee, as it will keep it hot much longer and protect it from contaminants. So, to ensure your coffee stays hot and tasty, it is best to use a Flask specifically designed for hot liquids.