How To Clean A Cuisinart Coffee Maker With Vinegar
Maintaining your Cuisinart coffee maker is an important part of enjoying the best-tasting coffee. If your coffee has started to taste a little off, you can easily remedy the problem with a good thorough clean using vinegar.
What You’ll Need
- Baking Soda
- Soft Cloth
- Fill the reservoir with equal parts vinegar and water. Fill the reservoir of your Cuisinart coffee maker with equal parts white vinegar and water. If your model holds 12 cups, use 6 cups of vinegar and 6 cups of water.
- Set the brew cycle and let it run halfway. Place a large mug or carafe under the dispenser. Set the Cuisinart to brew, then let it run halfway. This will help remove limescale and bacteria that may be building up in the machine.
- Turn off the machine, then let the solution sit for 30 minutes. Once the brew cycle has run halfway, turn off the machine and let the vinegar solution sit for 30 minutes. This will help loosen any stubborn deposits, odors, and bacteria.
- Wipe down the outside of the machine with a soft cloth and baking soda. Dip a soft cloth or sponge into a solution of baking soda and water. Wipe down the outside of the machine, then rinse with a clean cloth.
- Run a full brew cycle with fresh water and no coffee. After 30 minutes, turn the machine back on and run a full brew cycle with fresh water. Discard the vinegar solution, then repeat this process one more time with a fresh water cycle to ensure all of the vinegar has been removed.
Following these steps will help keep your Cuisinart coffee maker running like new and brewing the best-tasting coffee possible. And with a little regular cleaning and maintenance, your Cuisinart will provide you with years of delicious coffee.