Does Coffee Grounds Keep Cats Away?
When it comes to keeping cats away from your house and garden, coffee grounds provide an interesting option. The acidity of the grounds is thought to be a deterrent, but the evidence on this is fairly inconclusive.
Pros of Using Coffee Grounds
- Inexpensive: Coffee grounds are a cheap option – and you can easily use them for other purposes too!
- Smell: Most cats don’t like the smell of coffee, so this can be an effective deterrent.
- Humans: Coffee grounds are safe to use around humans, so you don’t have to worry about any health risks.
Cons of Using Coffee Grounds
- Inconclusive Evidence: There is no conclusive evidence that coffee grounds actually keep cats away.
- Difficult To Use: Coffee grounds are hard to spread and can be messy to work with, so they may not be the ideal solution.
- Short Term Effect: The smell of the grounds may only keep cats away for a short time, so you may have to re-apply them regularly.
Using coffee grounds to keep cats away is an interesting option, but there is no conclusive evidence that it will be effective. While it is true that many cats don’t like the smell of coffee, it may not be enough to keep them away for a long time. Consider using other deterrents as well.